COVID-19 Update: We are again conducting limited in-person services for our clients adherent to all state mandated safety orders. We will also continue to offer contactless legal services through virtual consultations. Please contact us through our online form or by phone at 717-584-8836 to schedule a consultation. Learn more about how our firm is responding to COVID-19.
Pennsylvania Will, Trust, and Estate Planning Attorneys
A well-crafted estate plan is more than just a Will; it is a collection of legal documents that allows you to express your wishes regarding your own end-of-life care and the distribution of your assets after your death.
The attorneys of Herr & Low, P.C., in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, create estate planning documents to meet the individual needs and concerns of our clients. Our estate plans are designed to achieve clients’ goals while reducing as much as possible the tax burden for clients and their heirs.
Whether you need help creating a will or a living trust, we offer a wide range of estate planning services, including:
- Will: A Will distributes assets and appoints an executor, guardians for minor children and a trustee if the Will includes a trust. A Will allows you to express your wishes for how to transfer ownership of your assets and the care of any minor children in the case of your death.
- Power of attorney: This document provides for the management of legal and financial matters should you become disabled. It can also appoint someone to help make decisions concerning your medical care if you become unable to make those decisions yourself.
- Living will: Should you become permanently unconscious, a Living Will provides for your care according to your wishes.
- Gifts to minors: We can advise you on various ways to provide for gifts to minor beneficiaries.
- Trusts: Trusts have many estate planning uses in Pennsylvania. They can be useful for tax planning, for providing for a loved one with special needs, to provide management and distribution of funds for minor beneficiaries for a period of years until you feel it would be appropriate to distribute funds to them, and for establishing inheritance rights of your children from a prior marriage, should you remarry.
- Federal estate tax: We work to minimize or eliminate this substantial tax on larger estates through the use of trusts and charitable gifts.
- PA inheritance tax: Our lawyers will prepare the tax return for Pennsylvania inheritance tax in all estates.
- Planning for unmarried couples: While the legal rights of marriage cannot be totally duplicated, a properly drafted Power of Attorney and a Will can provide many of the rights married couples enjoy.
Our attorneys have provided estate planning for individuals, couples and families in Lancaster and the surrounding area since 1983.
Nothing gives you peace of mind like a thoughtful and well-made estate plan. If it is time to make plans for your family’s future security, you can rely on Herr & Low, P.C., for experienced, efficient and effective estate planning services. To arrange a consultation with our team of estate planning lawyers, contact our Lancaster law firm today.