Pennsylvania Probate Attorneys
After the death of a loved one, an attorney experienced in estate administration can provide a valuable service to the surviving family members and especially to the person named as Executor of the estate or can help with the legal requirements if the decedent didn’t leave a Will appointing an Executor.
The attorneys of Herr & Low, P.C., are experienced in estate administration and probate. When you select us to handle an estate, you can be confident that all the innumerable details involved in estate settlement are being managed efficiently and effectively.
Estate Administration Services
Since 1983, we have provided comprehensive estate administration services to clients throughout central Pennsylvania, involving:
- Gathering and inventorying estate assets
- Valuing assets
- Paying final debts and filing a Pennsylvania inheritance tax return (and, if necessary, a federal estate tax return)
- Preparing other necessary documents, including status report, notices, inventory, and accounting
- Distributing the remainder of the estate to heirs as directed in the Will
- Filing fiduciary income tax return, if needed
We do as much as we can to help family members who have lost a loved one. For example, we routinely help with canceling credit cards, managing all bookkeeping for the estate, writing the credit bureau, dealing with paying medical bills, and transferring car titles.
Should a Will contest or other form of probate litigation arise, our firm has the resources and skills needed to address and resolve the dispute.
Estate Executor Responsibilities: Lifting The Burden From Your Shoulders
The Executor of an estate is legally responsible for seeing that the estate is administered correctly. He or she can be held liable if mistakes are made.
Our estate administration attorneys recognize that this is a difficult time for those who have lost a loved one. The deadlines and procedures involved in managing an estate can seem overwhelming to someone who is faced with it for the first time. We are available to assist and lift this burden from your shoulders.
For helpful information about estate administration, please review the following articles:
- Legal Issues Following the Death of a Loved One
- Legal Issues Following the Death of a Spouse